Benefits of a Yoga Practice
Yoga is an excellent way to meditate while in motion, open blocked channels of energy in the body, clear the mind and heart, and bring you into balance. Each yoga session is very personal and based on your individual needs so each session will be different and evolve as you do.
I offer dynamic Vinyasa classes, Yin classes or a combination of both. It’s a good idea to combine Yin with Vinyasa Flow, and use the standing sequence to build heat in the body so as we transition into the softer poses we are more able to settle in. Yin classes are subtle and relaxing, with longer holds in each posture. The focus is on letting go and melting into the pose. Working on linking your movement with your breath will be the most important part of your physical practice.
A 5 class workshop series will benefit you if:
- You are waking with aches and pains and have headaches or poor digestion
- You would like to feel more flexible
- You have stiff or sore muscles
- You work out at the gym, run, lift weights, or cross train
- You have a sedentary lifestyle and want to get in shape
- You want to increase the health of your spine
- You need help letting go of obsessive thoughts or indecision
- You feel disconnected from your center
- You often feel confused and ungrounded
- You want to quiet your mind and connect deeper to yourself
- You consistently worry
- You have a good meditation practice and want to try something new
- You’ve never done yoga, but you know it’s calling you.
- You are an extra sensitive person, helper, intuitive, or a healer and need an outlet for your energy
- You are new to yoga and you want to advance your practice quickly
- You used to enjoy your practice but are going through a slump or are feeling bored and restless
- You love yoga and want to go deeper with your practice